"I'm still going to be here playing hard every night and my focus is to get into the playoffs."
Skiles said he isn't thinking about Jennings' future.
"It's a long time before that (free agency) would happen," Skiles said. "He's still on his rookie deal. The system is the system. The players have a right to operate within the system. It doesn't bother me what he said. Players have options and the teams have options. If people don't like the system they probably should have changed it."
Irving missed his first game as a pro Wednesday after being diagnosed with concussion symptoms shortly before tip-off against the Clippers. He will also sit out Saturday's home game against Philadelphia, and won't play again until next Wednesday against Indiana — at the earliest.
Under the league's new concussion guidelines, players are not permitted to do any physical activity until their symptoms go away completely. Irving complained of a headache earlier this week. The 19-year-old did nothing on Friday but watch the game from the end of Cleveland's bench smartly dressed in a charcoal gray suit instead of his usual white No. 2 jersey.
Already without their best player, the Cavs lost Varejao early in the second half with a sprained right wrist. The Cavs said X-rays were negative on the center, who has been playing at an All-Star level. Cleveland can't afford to be without him for long.
Varejao left the arena with a brace on his wrist. Scott said the team will know more Saturday about his condition.
NOTES: Varejao wasn't upset or disappointed that he wasn't selected for the All-Star game. His statistics — 11 points and 11.8 rebounds per game — warranted consideration but he wasn't picked by coaches. "I didn't start the year trying to make the All-Star team," he said. "I want to win games and make the playoffs." ... Cavs G Anthony Parker missed his sixth straight game with a lower back strain. ... Bucks backup F Larry Sanders was a late scratch with an unspecified illness. ... Thompson returned after missing six of the previous nine games with a sprained ankle.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19