I am troubled by the mandate from the Health and Human Services Secretary and President Obama. The issue of requiring all institutions to provide free abortions and abortifacients to employees, despite one's religious beliefs, transcends whether you agree or disagree with abortions.
This is not a Catholic problem but effects everyone who loves liberty. This is a blatant and flagrant invasion on the First Amendment. This is the same plundering and persecutions that the Founding Fathers fled.
So I ask, where does it end? If we the people do not speak out against this unprecedented attack on the Constitution, we will have lost our precious freedom. Nothing is stopping this administration, or any future administration, from imposing its will on us. There will be no end to the power that the government will have to control individuals' lives.
This is a frightening scenario we are teetering on. We must wake up from the deep sleep of complacency that grips this nation. We must demand that the rights of all Americans to live according to the dictates of their conscience be preserved and combat this unparalleled usurpation of power. If we do not, I fear that the very foundation of our freedom will be in jeopardy.
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial imbalance...
- About Utah: High time for a peaceful revival
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- On Second Thought
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Letter: Moral decline 72
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 43
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 39
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28