View live stream of services for Charlie, Braden Powell Saturday
Young boys were killed by their father Josh Powell
Ravell Call, Deseret News
A large, public funeral for Charlie and Braden Powell will be held Saturday, at 11 a.m. (PST), at Life Center Church in Tacoma, Wash. A private family interment will take place on Monday at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup.
Memorial contributions may be made to any Wells Fargo Bank to the Charles and Braden Powell Memorial Fund.
The services come less than a week after the boys' father, Josh Powell, killed himself and his two young sons after a social worker brought the boys to see their dad at his rental home outside Puyallup, about 35 miles from Seattle.
Last Sunday, after the boys rushed inside, Powell slammed the door in Elizabeth Griffin-Hall's face, locking her out. Powell then attacked the boys with a hatchet, then torched the home in a gas-fueled inferno.
Hall told ABC's "20/20" that she banged on the door to try to get inside and heard Powell tell 7-year-old Charlie, "I've got a big surprise for you." She also heard 5-year-old Braden crying.
Powell was the only person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell, from their home in West Valley City in 2009. He was never arrested or charged in the case, and a month after she vanished, he moved with his boys back to his father Steve's home in Puyallup.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- National Defense Authorization Act includes...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26