View live stream of services for Charlie, Braden Powell Saturday
Young boys were killed by their father Josh Powell
Ravell Call, Deseret News
A large, public funeral for Charlie and Braden Powell will be held Saturday, at 11 a.m. (PST), at Life Center Church in Tacoma, Wash. A private family interment will take place on Monday at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup.
Memorial contributions may be made to any Wells Fargo Bank to the Charles and Braden Powell Memorial Fund.
The services come less than a week after the boys' father, Josh Powell, killed himself and his two young sons after a social worker brought the boys to see their dad at his rental home outside Puyallup, about 35 miles from Seattle.
Last Sunday, after the boys rushed inside, Powell slammed the door in Elizabeth Griffin-Hall's face, locking her out. Powell then attacked the boys with a hatchet, then torched the home in a gas-fueled inferno.
Hall told ABC's "20/20" that she banged on the door to try to get inside and heard Powell tell 7-year-old Charlie, "I've got a big surprise for you." She also heard 5-year-old Braden crying.
Powell was the only person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell, from their home in West Valley City in 2009. He was never arrested or charged in the case, and a month after she vanished, he moved with his boys back to his father Steve's home in Puyallup.
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- Students dress in Sunday best to honor young...
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Mother of slain baby to serve 90 days in jail
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 64
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 33
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20
- Students dress in Sunday best to honor... 17