View live stream of services for Charlie, Braden Powell Saturday
Young boys were killed by their father Josh Powell
Ravell Call, Deseret News
A large, public funeral for Charlie and Braden Powell will be held Saturday, at 11 a.m. (PST), at Life Center Church in Tacoma, Wash. A private family interment will take place on Monday at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup.
Memorial contributions may be made to any Wells Fargo Bank to the Charles and Braden Powell Memorial Fund.
The services come less than a week after the boys' father, Josh Powell, killed himself and his two young sons after a social worker brought the boys to see their dad at his rental home outside Puyallup, about 35 miles from Seattle.
Last Sunday, after the boys rushed inside, Powell slammed the door in Elizabeth Griffin-Hall's face, locking her out. Powell then attacked the boys with a hatchet, then torched the home in a gas-fueled inferno.
Hall told ABC's "20/20" that she banged on the door to try to get inside and heard Powell tell 7-year-old Charlie, "I've got a big surprise for you." She also heard 5-year-old Braden crying.
Powell was the only person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell, from their home in West Valley City in 2009. He was never arrested or charged in the case, and a month after she vanished, he moved with his boys back to his father Steve's home in Puyallup.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 111
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 57
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 40
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- School leaders look for solutions to... 20
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12