View live stream of services for Charlie, Braden Powell Saturday
Young boys were killed by their father Josh Powell
Ravell Call, Deseret News
A large, public funeral for Charlie and Braden Powell will be held Saturday, at 11 a.m. (PST), at Life Center Church in Tacoma, Wash. A private family interment will take place on Monday at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup.
Memorial contributions may be made to any Wells Fargo Bank to the Charles and Braden Powell Memorial Fund.
The services come less than a week after the boys' father, Josh Powell, killed himself and his two young sons after a social worker brought the boys to see their dad at his rental home outside Puyallup, about 35 miles from Seattle.
Last Sunday, after the boys rushed inside, Powell slammed the door in Elizabeth Griffin-Hall's face, locking her out. Powell then attacked the boys with a hatchet, then torched the home in a gas-fueled inferno.
Hall told ABC's "20/20" that she banged on the door to try to get inside and heard Powell tell 7-year-old Charlie, "I've got a big surprise for you." She also heard 5-year-old Braden crying.
Powell was the only person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell, from their home in West Valley City in 2009. He was never arrested or charged in the case, and a month after she vanished, he moved with his boys back to his father Steve's home in Puyallup.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15