High school boys basketball: Lone Peak-American Fork will be streamed tonight
Ravell Call, Deseret News
View the game live here.
Depending on who you support in Utah County tonight, No. 13 will either be lucky or unlucky.
No. 1 Lone Peak has beat American Fork in 12 straight games dating back to 2006, a streak it looks to stretch to 13 tonight when it travels to third-ranked American Fork.
When Lone Peak beat visiting American Fork 55-40 back on Jan. 20, the gym was packed well over an hour before tipoff. A similar atmosphere is expected in the rematch. Doors open at 4:30 p.m., and Lone Peak fans are being advised that only 500 fans will be permitted into the gym because of limited seating.
For those who can't make it, or who are turned away at the door, the Deseret News will be streaming the game live at DeseretNews.com at 7 p.m.
With three games remaining in the regular season, Lone Peak leads American Fork by a game in the Region 4 standings and can clinch the title with a victory.
The showdown features four athletes who've already committed to in-state schools, and several more who may follow.
Lone Peak junior Nick Emery and sophomore T.J. Haws have both already verbally committed to BYU. American Fork seniors Marcel Davis and Quincy Bair have already signed their letters of intent to play at Utah State.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20