The Highlanders eventually built their largest lead of the half at 32-26 with 5:33 left on the Arjun Ohri's fourth 3-pointer of the half.
Williams scored five straight points to trim the lead to one with 4:43 left in the half.
A three-point play by NJIT's Ryan Regis equaled the Highlanders' largest lead of the half at six with 3:04 left, but they wouldn't score again.
The Wolverines ended the half with a 5-0 run to trail 39-38.
Williams had 15 points in the first half, while Robinson added 10 points and five boards in front of his family and friends.
The Wolverines shot 57.1 percent from the field, while NJIT shot 55.6 percent, nut the Highlanders hit 5-of-11 three-points attempts and had 14 points off eight UVU miscues.
Ohri, who averages just 6.1 points a game, had 14 at the break, while the Great West Conference's leading scorer, Isaiah Wilkerson, who didn't start, had just two in four minutes of action.
WESTMINSTER 72, ROCKY MOUNTAIN 59: At Billings, Mont., the Griffins (18-8, 6-4 Frontier) avenged a home loss to Rocky Mountain College (10-14, 3-6) and have won three straight and five of six overall.
The Griffins shot a season-best 64.6 percent from the field in the game. That ties for the seventh-best percentage in a game in school history. They ran out to a 33-18 halftime advantage by shooting 64 percent in the opening 20 minutes. Then to avert any comeback attempt from Rocky, Westminster shot 65.2 percent after intermission.
To help the cause, the Griffins posted 17 assists on 31 field goals while committing just 12 turnovers. They also held RMC to 39.6 percent shooting and forced 16 turnovers. Westminster was 3-of-6 from beyond the arc and 7-of-10 at the foul line.
Jake Orchard led three Griffins in double figures with 17 points. Orchard shot 7-of-10 from the floor with two triples and three assists. Jordan Hayter added 12 points, seven rebounds, four steals and two assists. Jordan Hamilton added a career-high 11 points off the bench.
Darryl Alexander led Rocky with 13 points on a 3-for-7 shooting night. Matt Fogarty contributed nine points and six rebounds. Rocky had a 29-36 rebounding edge with 13 offensive rebounds.
Westminster will play its final road game of the regular season on Saturday when they face Carroll College in Helena, Mont. That game will begin at 7:30 p.m. and be broadcast live at www.GITW.tv.
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Deseret News live streaming schedule for boys...
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- Utah Jazz: Team is a long shot to win NBA's...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- High school baseball: Logan's Chase Nelson...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 130
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 53
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 13
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10