The Highlanders eventually built their largest lead of the half at 32-26 with 5:33 left on the Arjun Ohri's fourth 3-pointer of the half.
Williams scored five straight points to trim the lead to one with 4:43 left in the half.
A three-point play by NJIT's Ryan Regis equaled the Highlanders' largest lead of the half at six with 3:04 left, but they wouldn't score again.
The Wolverines ended the half with a 5-0 run to trail 39-38.
Williams had 15 points in the first half, while Robinson added 10 points and five boards in front of his family and friends.
The Wolverines shot 57.1 percent from the field, while NJIT shot 55.6 percent, nut the Highlanders hit 5-of-11 three-points attempts and had 14 points off eight UVU miscues.
Ohri, who averages just 6.1 points a game, had 14 at the break, while the Great West Conference's leading scorer, Isaiah Wilkerson, who didn't start, had just two in four minutes of action.
WESTMINSTER 72, ROCKY MOUNTAIN 59: At Billings, Mont., the Griffins (18-8, 6-4 Frontier) avenged a home loss to Rocky Mountain College (10-14, 3-6) and have won three straight and five of six overall.
The Griffins shot a season-best 64.6 percent from the field in the game. That ties for the seventh-best percentage in a game in school history. They ran out to a 33-18 halftime advantage by shooting 64 percent in the opening 20 minutes. Then to avert any comeback attempt from Rocky, Westminster shot 65.2 percent after intermission.
To help the cause, the Griffins posted 17 assists on 31 field goals while committing just 12 turnovers. They also held RMC to 39.6 percent shooting and forced 16 turnovers. Westminster was 3-of-6 from beyond the arc and 7-of-10 at the foul line.
Jake Orchard led three Griffins in double figures with 17 points. Orchard shot 7-of-10 from the floor with two triples and three assists. Jordan Hayter added 12 points, seven rebounds, four steals and two assists. Jordan Hamilton added a career-high 11 points off the bench.
Darryl Alexander led Rocky with 13 points on a 3-for-7 shooting night. Matt Fogarty contributed nine points and six rebounds. Rocky had a 29-36 rebounding edge with 13 offensive rebounds.
Westminster will play its final road game of the regular season on Saturday when they face Carroll College in Helena, Mont. That game will begin at 7:30 p.m. and be broadcast live at www.GITW.tv.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Deseret News Classic Marathon: Van de Camp,...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 226
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 97
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 82
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 56
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 44
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 29
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26