FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Weber State improved to 19-4 overall and 11-1 in Big Sky Conference action with a 67-49 win at Northern Arizona Thursday night.
Three Wildcats scored in double figures, led by Damian Lillard who finished with 18 points, along with five assists, three rebounds and two steals. Lillard was 5-of-12 from the field and 8-of-9 from the free-throw line. He failed to make a 3-pointer for the first time this season but continues to lead the nation in scoring at 25.2 per game.
Kyle Bullinger had a season-high 16 points on 5-of-9 shooting, including 3-for-5 from 3-point land. He passed Nick Hansen and moved into fifth place on the WSU career 3-point list.
Arizona native Byron Fulton had his second double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. He was 5-of-7 from the field.
Weber State led 30-23 at halftime and led by as many as 18 points in the second half.
"I thought we came out in the second half and really moved the ball well and knocked some shots down," said WSU head coach Randy Rahe. "Our rebounding was very big and we had a lot of players contribute tonight."
Weber State shot 45 percent from the field and held the Lumberjacks to 31 percent shooting. The Wildcats shot 54 percent in the second half.
Weber State outrebounded NAU 40-31 and was 14-of-16 from the free-throw line.
"We did a great job of boxing out tonight and focusing on the boards,"?Fulton said. "We passed the ball well and had good energy."?
Kyle Tresnak also added a season-high 10 rebounds for the Wildcats.
Northern Arizona fell to 5-20 overall and 1-12 in Big Sky play with their 12th straight loss and their eighth straight to the Wildcats.
The Wildcats will look for their 20th win when they return home to host Eastern Washington Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Boys high school top track performances, 2013...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Girls high school track top performances,...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 91
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 69
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 30
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 21
- Van Noy named to Lott IMPACT trophy... 14
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 12