Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will not be represented at the All-Star Game later this month.
They do, however, have two players whose names will be mentioned on "Who got snubbed?" lists.
Neither Paul Millsap nor Al Jefferson will be All-Stars this season, barring injury replacement nods from NBA commissioner David Stern.
Seven players who will join the Western Conference All-Star starters include: Steve Nash (Phoenix), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City), LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland), Kevin Love (Minnesota), Marc Gasol (Memphis), Tony Parker (San Antonio) and Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas).
West starters: Chris Paul and Blake Griffin (Clippers), Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum (Lakers) and Kevin Durant (OKC).
Utah will have at least one representative during All-Star Weekend. Second-year swingman Gordon Hayward was selected to the Rising Stars Challenge, a game featuring 18 rookies and sophomores.
Jazz forward Jeremy Evans hopes to be invited to be in the Slam Dunk Contest.
Corbin gave an All-Star pitch for Jefferson and Millsap at Thursday's practice.
"Those two guys are a big reason why we're having some of the success that we're having," he said. "I think that they deserve a really good look and consideration."
Corbin didn't share his ballot, but he smiled when asked if it was hard to fill out.
"It was tough," he said, "because I couldn't pick my own players."
East reserves: Deron Williams (New Jersey), Paul Pierce (Boston), Chris Bosh (Miami), Luol Deng (Chicago), Roy Hibbert (Indiana), Andre Iguodala (Philly) and Joe Johnson (Atlanta).
East starters: Derrick Rose (Chicago), LeBron James and Dwyane Wade (Miami), Carmelo Anthony (New York) and Dwight Howard (Orlando).
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30