Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will not be represented at the All-Star Game later this month.
They do, however, have two players whose names will be mentioned on "Who got snubbed?" lists.
Neither Paul Millsap nor Al Jefferson will be All-Stars this season, barring injury replacement nods from NBA commissioner David Stern.
Seven players who will join the Western Conference All-Star starters include: Steve Nash (Phoenix), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City), LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland), Kevin Love (Minnesota), Marc Gasol (Memphis), Tony Parker (San Antonio) and Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas).
West starters: Chris Paul and Blake Griffin (Clippers), Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum (Lakers) and Kevin Durant (OKC).
Utah will have at least one representative during All-Star Weekend. Second-year swingman Gordon Hayward was selected to the Rising Stars Challenge, a game featuring 18 rookies and sophomores.
Jazz forward Jeremy Evans hopes to be invited to be in the Slam Dunk Contest.
Corbin gave an All-Star pitch for Jefferson and Millsap at Thursday's practice.
"Those two guys are a big reason why we're having some of the success that we're having," he said. "I think that they deserve a really good look and consideration."
Corbin didn't share his ballot, but he smiled when asked if it was hard to fill out.
"It was tough," he said, "because I couldn't pick my own players."
East reserves: Deron Williams (New Jersey), Paul Pierce (Boston), Chris Bosh (Miami), Luol Deng (Chicago), Roy Hibbert (Indiana), Andre Iguodala (Philly) and Joe Johnson (Atlanta).
East starters: Derrick Rose (Chicago), LeBron James and Dwyane Wade (Miami), Carmelo Anthony (New York) and Dwight Howard (Orlando).
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 73
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24
- Utah basketball: Regular-season finale... 24
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 20