Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will not be represented at the All-Star Game later this month.
They do, however, have two players whose names will be mentioned on "Who got snubbed?" lists.
Neither Paul Millsap nor Al Jefferson will be All-Stars this season, barring injury replacement nods from NBA commissioner David Stern.
Seven players who will join the Western Conference All-Star starters include: Steve Nash (Phoenix), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City), LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland), Kevin Love (Minnesota), Marc Gasol (Memphis), Tony Parker (San Antonio) and Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas).
West starters: Chris Paul and Blake Griffin (Clippers), Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum (Lakers) and Kevin Durant (OKC).
Utah will have at least one representative during All-Star Weekend. Second-year swingman Gordon Hayward was selected to the Rising Stars Challenge, a game featuring 18 rookies and sophomores.
Jazz forward Jeremy Evans hopes to be invited to be in the Slam Dunk Contest.
Corbin gave an All-Star pitch for Jefferson and Millsap at Thursday's practice.
"Those two guys are a big reason why we're having some of the success that we're having," he said. "I think that they deserve a really good look and consideration."
Corbin didn't share his ballot, but he smiled when asked if it was hard to fill out.
"It was tough," he said, "because I couldn't pick my own players."
East reserves: Deron Williams (New Jersey), Paul Pierce (Boston), Chris Bosh (Miami), Luol Deng (Chicago), Roy Hibbert (Indiana), Andre Iguodala (Philly) and Joe Johnson (Atlanta).
East starters: Derrick Rose (Chicago), LeBron James and Dwyane Wade (Miami), Carmelo Anthony (New York) and Dwight Howard (Orlando).
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- National champion Sam Mikulak leads US men's...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 75
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 49
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 36
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20