Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will not be represented at the All-Star Game later this month.
They do, however, have two players whose names will be mentioned on "Who got snubbed?" lists.
Neither Paul Millsap nor Al Jefferson will be All-Stars this season, barring injury replacement nods from NBA commissioner David Stern.
Seven players who will join the Western Conference All-Star starters include: Steve Nash (Phoenix), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City), LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland), Kevin Love (Minnesota), Marc Gasol (Memphis), Tony Parker (San Antonio) and Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas).
West starters: Chris Paul and Blake Griffin (Clippers), Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum (Lakers) and Kevin Durant (OKC).
Utah will have at least one representative during All-Star Weekend. Second-year swingman Gordon Hayward was selected to the Rising Stars Challenge, a game featuring 18 rookies and sophomores.
Jazz forward Jeremy Evans hopes to be invited to be in the Slam Dunk Contest.
Corbin gave an All-Star pitch for Jefferson and Millsap at Thursday's practice.
"Those two guys are a big reason why we're having some of the success that we're having," he said. "I think that they deserve a really good look and consideration."
Corbin didn't share his ballot, but he smiled when asked if it was hard to fill out.
"It was tough," he said, "because I couldn't pick my own players."
East reserves: Deron Williams (New Jersey), Paul Pierce (Boston), Chris Bosh (Miami), Luol Deng (Chicago), Roy Hibbert (Indiana), Andre Iguodala (Philly) and Joe Johnson (Atlanta).
East starters: Derrick Rose (Chicago), LeBron James and Dwyane Wade (Miami), Carmelo Anthony (New York) and Dwight Howard (Orlando).
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Utah Jazz host third pre-draft workout,...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 39
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- BYU baseball team confident entering... 8