SALT LAKE CITY — Music director Thierry Fischer and the Utah Symphony present Felix Mendelssohn's wildly successful Violin Concerto and Anton Bruckner's Symphony No. 4 "Romantic."
Dutch violinist Simone Lamsma, winner of the prestigious HRH Princess Alice's Prize and the Louise Child Prize, will join them, soloing on the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto on Friday, Feb. 10, and Saturday, Feb. 11, at 8 p.m. in Abravanel Hall. The program will also include "Fuga (Ricercata)," arranged by Anton von Webern and inspired by J.S. Bach's Musical Offering.
Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto, the "perfect concerto," is known today as one of the most frequently performed violin concertos of all time and perhaps the most plagiarized concerto in the history of music. It has also become an essential concerto for aspiring violinists to master, and is typically one of the first Romantic era concertos they learn.
Single tickets for the performances range from $17 to $58 and can be purchased by calling 801-355-2787, in person at the Abravanel Hall ticket office, 123 W. South Temple, or by visiting www.utahsymphony.org.
Discounted student tickets will be available on the date of the performance. Season ticket holders and those desiring group discounts should call 801-533-6683. All ticket prices are subject to change and availability. Ticket prices will increase $5 when purchased on the day of the performance.
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- The complicated relationship between God and rap
- 11 movies to watch out for this fall
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite abuse charge
- The changing definition of 'TV': What parents...
- Miss America: More to worry about than red cup
- 'The Addams Family' has clever Utah Valley...
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015 1
- Miss America: More to worry about than... 1
- When it comes to TV's future,... 1