WEST VALLEY CITY An 18-year-old West Valley man is in jail for fighting with a neighbor and the officers who tried to arrest him.
Documents filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court show the man was part of a group of apparently intoxicated people who were shouting and fighting with each other outside an apartment in West Valley City on New Year's Day.
A neighbor asked them to quiet down but called police when they didn't comply. Court documents say after officers came and went, the suspect knocked on the neighbor's door, then punched and kicked him for calling police.
Officers returned to the scene and handcuffed the 18-year old. But then he jumped up and did what court documents call "a powerful round house kick," hitting an officer in the shoulder. The move might have been Chuck-Norris like, but officers were not impressed.
Jostin Kocher was booked into jail and faces charges including burglary and assault by a prisoner, assault, underage drinking and criminal mischief.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9