WEST VALLEY CITY An 18-year-old West Valley man is in jail for fighting with a neighbor and the officers who tried to arrest him.
Documents filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court show the man was part of a group of apparently intoxicated people who were shouting and fighting with each other outside an apartment in West Valley City on New Year's Day.
A neighbor asked them to quiet down but called police when they didn't comply. Court documents say after officers came and went, the suspect knocked on the neighbor's door, then punched and kicked him for calling police.
Officers returned to the scene and handcuffed the 18-year old. But then he jumped up and did what court documents call "a powerful round house kick," hitting an officer in the shoulder. The move might have been Chuck-Norris like, but officers were not impressed.
Jostin Kocher was booked into jail and faces charges including burglary and assault by a prisoner, assault, underage drinking and criminal mischief.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13