WEST VALLEY CITY An 18-year-old West Valley man is in jail for fighting with a neighbor and the officers who tried to arrest him.
Documents filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court show the man was part of a group of apparently intoxicated people who were shouting and fighting with each other outside an apartment in West Valley City on New Year's Day.
A neighbor asked them to quiet down but called police when they didn't comply. Court documents say after officers came and went, the suspect knocked on the neighbor's door, then punched and kicked him for calling police.
Officers returned to the scene and handcuffed the 18-year old. But then he jumped up and did what court documents call "a powerful round house kick," hitting an officer in the shoulder. The move might have been Chuck-Norris like, but officers were not impressed.
Jostin Kocher was booked into jail and faces charges including burglary and assault by a prisoner, assault, underage drinking and criminal mischief.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 22
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15