WEST VALLEY CITY An 18-year-old West Valley man is in jail for fighting with a neighbor and the officers who tried to arrest him.
Documents filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court show the man was part of a group of apparently intoxicated people who were shouting and fighting with each other outside an apartment in West Valley City on New Year's Day.
A neighbor asked them to quiet down but called police when they didn't comply. Court documents say after officers came and went, the suspect knocked on the neighbor's door, then punched and kicked him for calling police.
Officers returned to the scene and handcuffed the 18-year old. But then he jumped up and did what court documents call "a powerful round house kick," hitting an officer in the shoulder. The move might have been Chuck-Norris like, but officers were not impressed.
Jostin Kocher was booked into jail and faces charges including burglary and assault by a prisoner, assault, underage drinking and criminal mischief.
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20