WEST VALLEY CITY An 18-year-old West Valley man is in jail for fighting with a neighbor and the officers who tried to arrest him.
Documents filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court show the man was part of a group of apparently intoxicated people who were shouting and fighting with each other outside an apartment in West Valley City on New Year's Day.
A neighbor asked them to quiet down but called police when they didn't comply. Court documents say after officers came and went, the suspect knocked on the neighbor's door, then punched and kicked him for calling police.
Officers returned to the scene and handcuffed the 18-year old. But then he jumped up and did what court documents call "a powerful round house kick," hitting an officer in the shoulder. The move might have been Chuck-Norris like, but officers were not impressed.
Jostin Kocher was booked into jail and faces charges including burglary and assault by a prisoner, assault, underage drinking and criminal mischief.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8