Why is Davis County government planning on using $4.1 million in federal disaster aid relief in response to December's windstorm? It's no secret that the federal government is broke and every extra dollar spent is being borrowed and must be repaid by future generations with interest.
Why not ask the 300,000 residents of Davis County to pay for this? It would cost $13 each. Is it because it is easier to spend other people's money?
My guess is if local government had to spend local tax dollars, they would be far more responsible in how they spend the money. We could get things fixed for less. Instead we'll spend more and pass the bill to others.
Another sad example of government following the mantra, "Don't tax you. Don't tax me. Tax that baby on your knee."
- 10 children's movies with rumored political...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- My view: SB54 will politically and culturally...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 58
- Letter: End daylight saving time 39
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 35
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 31
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 23