Why is Davis County government planning on using $4.1 million in federal disaster aid relief in response to December's windstorm? It's no secret that the federal government is broke and every extra dollar spent is being borrowed and must be repaid by future generations with interest.
Why not ask the 300,000 residents of Davis County to pay for this? It would cost $13 each. Is it because it is easier to spend other people's money?
My guess is if local government had to spend local tax dollars, they would be far more responsible in how they spend the money. We could get things fixed for less. Instead we'll spend more and pass the bill to others.
Another sad example of government following the mantra, "Don't tax you. Don't tax me. Tax that baby on your knee."
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30