Chris O'Meara, Associated Press
TAMPA, Fla. — Hugh Robertson had a season-high 18 points and Anthony Collins scored five of his 11 in the final 2:13 to help South Florida rebound from its worst loss since joining the Big East with a 63-51 victory over Pittsburgh on Wednesday night
Augustus Gilchrist added 10 points for USF (14-10, 7-4), which lost by 30 points at Georgetown last Saturday. The Bulls limited Pitt (15-10, 4-8) to 35-percent shooting while holding leading scorer Ashton Gibbs to a season-low four points.
The loss stopped the four-game winning streak Pitt had put together following an 0-7 start in conference play. Tray Woodall led the Panthers with 11 points, but made just 4 of 13 shots.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 93
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 77
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 53
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 39