SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz now have 14 players on their roster.
The team has agreed to terms with former Missouri forward DeMarre Carroll, who was waived earlier this week by Denver.
The 6-foot-8, 212-pound Carroll is an interesting pick up for the Jazz, considering he is not an outside scoring threat and has only shot 40 percent throughout his three-year career with Memphis, Houston and Denver.
Carroll only appeared in four games with the Nuggets this season, averaging 2.7 points and 1.9 rebounds in 9.9 minutes.
He is expected to join the Jazz in time for practice Thursday morning. His new contract will last through the end of the season.
Carroll spent the first two years of his college career at Vanderbilt before transferring to Missouri, which is coached by his uncle, Mike Anderson.
In 2009, Carroll carried Mizzou to an Elite Eight showing and was Big 12 Tournament MVP after leading the Tigers to their first conference crown in 16 years. He averaged 16.6 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists as a senior.
The Jazz did not release terms of the Carroll's contract.
In 2007, Carroll ran into late-night trouble outside of a Columbia nightclub and was shot in the ankle. According to the Columbia Tribune, Carroll was helping teammates break up a fight when he took a bullet that missed his Achilles tendon by millimeters.
Two years later, though, the paper described Carroll as being "the perfect leader for the surprising Tigers in 2009." He led "with his voice and his actions on the court."
Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor was not immediately available for a comment.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45