SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz now have 14 players on their roster.
The team has agreed to terms with former Missouri forward DeMarre Carroll, who was waived earlier this week by Denver.
The 6-foot-8, 212-pound Carroll is an interesting pick up for the Jazz, considering he is not an outside scoring threat and has only shot 40 percent throughout his three-year career with Memphis, Houston and Denver.
Carroll only appeared in four games with the Nuggets this season, averaging 2.7 points and 1.9 rebounds in 9.9 minutes.
He is expected to join the Jazz in time for practice Thursday morning. His new contract will last through the end of the season.
Carroll spent the first two years of his college career at Vanderbilt before transferring to Missouri, which is coached by his uncle, Mike Anderson.
In 2009, Carroll carried Mizzou to an Elite Eight showing and was Big 12 Tournament MVP after leading the Tigers to their first conference crown in 16 years. He averaged 16.6 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists as a senior.
The Jazz did not release terms of the Carroll's contract.
In 2007, Carroll ran into late-night trouble outside of a Columbia nightclub and was shot in the ankle. According to the Columbia Tribune, Carroll was helping teammates break up a fight when he took a bullet that missed his Achilles tendon by millimeters.
Two years later, though, the paper described Carroll as being "the perfect leader for the surprising Tigers in 2009." He led "with his voice and his actions on the court."
Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor was not immediately available for a comment.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- BYU looking for strong finish in... 29
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 27