Photo Courtesy , University Of Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah baseball team will host "An Evening with Ozzie Smith" tonight at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel.
"We're excited to have Ozzie Smith come to Salt Lake City to continue the tradition of baseball greats who have participated in our season-opening banquet," Utah head coach Bill Kinneberg said. "To have one of the best shortstops in baseball history is an honor for our team and fans. The banquet is always an exciting night to kick off the start of our season."
Smith was a 13-time Gold Glove Award winner who set major league shortstop records for assists, double plays and chances in 19 seasons with the Padres and Cardinals. A 15-time All-Star, he finished his career with over 2,400 base hits and 500 stolen bases. Smith led the Cardinals to three World Series, including the 1982 championship. He was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2002.
The evening will feature a reception at 6 p.m. with dinner beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets for the event are $100 per person or $1,000 per table.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33