Deseret News, Jeffrey D. Allred, Associated Press
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Authorities have released 911 recordings that revealed a social worker's frantic attempts to alert authorities that Josh Powell had locked himself and his two young sons in his home moments before he set the house on fire, killing everyone inside.
The unidentified social worker can be heard saying she had just dropped off the boys and that a man grabbed them, and then wouldn't let her in the door.
Josh Powell was scheduled for a supervised visit with his sons Sunday. The recordings released by the Pierce County Sheriff's office Tuesday reveal that the social worker screamed "He exploded the house!" after the fiery blaze began.
Josh Powell and his sons, 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden, perished. Josh Powell had lost custody of them following their mother's 2000 disappearance in Utah.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 48
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 29
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12