FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — The Patriots say there's no finger-pointing after their Super Bowl loss, even if supermodel Gisele Bundchen won't abide by that code.
The wife of New England quarterback Tom Brady was caught on camera complaining that dropped passes doomed the team to a 21-17 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday — the Patriots' second loss in the NFL title game loss in five seasons.
Late in the game, usually dependable receiver Wes Welker dropped a pass that went off his hands; Aaron Hernandez and Deion Branch also had trouble coming up with catches on the Patriots' last drive.
Bundchen was caught on video by TheInsider.com responding to a pro-Giants heckler after the game by saying, "My husband cannot (expletive) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."
Brady was not available for comment on Monday, when the team flew back from Indianapolis and arrived at Gillette Stadium on buses. Asked if the team had any comment, Patriots spokesman Stacey James pursed his lips together and shook his head from side to side.
But defensive back James Ihedigbo says Welker was a big reason the Patriots made it to the Super Bowl, and he's not to blame for the disappointing loss.
"You can't point fingers at anybody. Wes made amazing plays all season," Ihedigbo said. "You win it as a team; you win it and lose it as a team. And we lost to a good football team."
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19