Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
First came the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake in 2004. On Sunday it was rapper MIA making an obscene gesture for the cameras.
Still, the most awkward Super Bowl moment ever may have been when New York's Ahmad Bradshaw tried to kneel at the 1-yard line to run down the clock. Instead, he sat on the end zone.
So the winning score was tallied by a guy trying to avoid scoring.
Just wondering: If the Giants wanted to avoid scoring, why not put in David Carr?
HEAPS OF THANKS
Now that the Jake Heaps era is over at BYU, details are leaking out.
The coaches apparently didn't like his attitude.
At least that seemed the case on Letter of Intent Day when coach Bronco Mendenhall said of 2012 recruit Tanner Mangum: "What a refreshing thing to have someone that is highly recruited come in and be thankful to get an offer from BYU. Not entitled to get an offer from BYU, but thankful to get an offer from BYU."
Which is also something BYU should remember if it ever gets to a BCS bowl: thankful but not entitled.
Weber State guard Damian Lillard admitted last week that a recent shooting slump was the result of outside pressure that had accumulated.
As the nation's No. 1 scorer, he went on to say "it can take a toll" and that "just for a second, it kind of wore on me a little bit."
You mean like it feels after watching the Super Bowl pregame show?
Miffed by Karl Malone's claims he had to buy Jazz tickets from a scalper, CEO Greg Miller fired back last week by tweeting: "Hey Karl -- you're lying. You have my number. Next time you need a seat to a Jazz game call me. You can have mine."
Here's guessing the Mailman won't bet seeing tickets to the LHM Group Christmas party, either.
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel is being called a hero for banging on a neighbor's door to tell her the house was on fire.
You might say it was incredibly fortunate Cassel was home to save the day.=09
On the other hand, where else would a Chiefs quarterback be at Super Bowl time?
- Tournament central: 5A boys quarterfinals...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks off...
- Catching up: Old friends Andre Miller, Alex...
- High school boys basketball: Davis survives...
- High school boys basketball: American Fork...
- CougarLinks: Daniel Sorensen deemed a winner...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 55
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck signs... 22