Rock On: Jake Heaps era is over at BYU, details are leaking out
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
First came the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake in 2004. On Sunday it was rapper MIA making an obscene gesture for the cameras.
Still, the most awkward Super Bowl moment ever may have been when New York's Ahmad Bradshaw tried to kneel at the 1-yard line to run down the clock. Instead, he sat on the end zone.
So the winning score was tallied by a guy trying to avoid scoring.
Just wondering: If the Giants wanted to avoid scoring, why not put in David Carr?
HEAPS OF THANKS
Now that the Jake Heaps era is over at BYU, details are leaking out.
The coaches apparently didn't like his attitude.
At least that seemed the case on Letter of Intent Day when coach Bronco Mendenhall said of 2012 recruit Tanner Mangum: "What a refreshing thing to have someone that is highly recruited come in and be thankful to get an offer from BYU. Not entitled to get an offer from BYU, but thankful to get an offer from BYU."
Which is also something BYU should remember if it ever gets to a BCS bowl: thankful but not entitled.
Weber State guard Damian Lillard admitted last week that a recent shooting slump was the result of outside pressure that had accumulated.
As the nation's No. 1 scorer, he went on to say "it can take a toll" and that "just for a second, it kind of wore on me a little bit."
You mean like it feels after watching the Super Bowl pregame show?
Miffed by Karl Malone's claims he had to buy Jazz tickets from a scalper, CEO Greg Miller fired back last week by tweeting: "Hey Karl -- you're lying. You have my number. Next time you need a seat to a Jazz game call me. You can have mine."
Here's guessing the Mailman won't bet seeing tickets to the LHM Group Christmas party, either.
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel is being called a hero for banging on a neighbor's door to tell her the house was on fire.
You might say it was incredibly fortunate Cassel was home to save the day.=09
On the other hand, where else would a Chiefs quarterback be at Super Bowl time?
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32