1. Lone Peak (15-2)
Was: 1. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: Average margin of victory during eight-game winning streak is a staggering 20-plus points per game. Next up: at Pleasant Grove, Tuesday.
2. West Jordan (15-2)
Was: 2. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: A victory at Alta this Friday would go a long way toward locking up the Region 3 title for the Jags. Next up: at Copper Hills, Tuesday.
3. Orem (15-1)
Was: 3. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: The Tigers have won five straight games by double digits to run their region record to 9-0. Next up: at Springville, Tuesday.
4. American Fork (14-2)
Was: 4. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: Rematch with Lone Peak looms this Friday, a game the Cavemen hope to finish better this time around. Next up: at Riverton, Tuesday.
5. Alta (14-3)
Was: 5. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: The Hawks, who blew a double-digit lead to West Jordan last month, get another crack at the Jags this week. Next up: at Jordan, Tuesday.
6. Bountiful (14-2)
Was: 6. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: Enjoys a two-game lead atop the Region 6 standings with just four games remaining. Next up: at East, Tuesday.
7. Brighton (12-5)
Was: 8. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: Late-season surge has positioned the Bengals to make a run at the Region 3 title with a strong finish. Next up: at Cottonwood, Tuesday.
8. Northridge (10-7)
Was: -. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: Following a 5-6 preseason, the upstart Knights have vaulted to the front of the pack in the competitive Region 1. Next up: at Syracuse, Tuesday.
9. Desert Hills (16-3)
Was: 12. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: The Thunder can clinch a share of the Region 9 title with a victory over Hurricane this week. Next up: vs. Hurricane, Wednesday.
10. Weber (14-3)
Was: 14. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: Eked out an important victory over Fremont last week to keep pace near the top of the Region 1 standings. Next up: at Davis, Tuesday.
11. South Sevier (19-1)
Was: 11. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: The top-ranked team in 2A wraps up the regular season this Friday at Richfield. Next up: at Richfield, Friday.
12. Sky View (14-3)
Was: 17. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: Big victory at Mountain Crest last week vaulted the Bobcats into first place in Region 5 with four games remaining. Next up: at Bonneville, Friday.
13. Skyline (13-4)
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Utah Jazz host third pre-draft workout,...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 39
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- BYU baseball team confident entering... 8