Police: Josh Powell donated boys' toys, other items before murdering them
'It's not fair everybody has been taken away from our family,' Susan Powell's sister says
Steven Powell remained in the Pierce County Jail Sunday on voyeurism and child pornography charges. He reportedly was placed on a suicide watch.
Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff issued a statement calling Josh Powell a coward and expressing sympathy for the Cox family.
"I have witnessed a lot of evil in my 12 years as attorney general, but Josh Powell murdering his two little boys is the most fiendish act yet," Shurtleff said. "Josh Powell's malevolence is a reminder that our legal/criminal system can sometimes be inadequate. Hope lies in family, faith and community. These senseless killings strengthen my resolve to do more to protect all, and especially our vulnerable little ones."
Utah Gov. Gary Herbert also expressed condolences in a statement from him and his wife.
“To have two innocent children taken in such a heart-breaking and horrible manner is a tragedy of the greatest proportions. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who are suffering as a result of this great loss.”
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other elected...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Charges: Naked man bites dog
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 126
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 29
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 28
- Do Utah high school students need four... 19
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12