NBA notes: NBA suspends, fines Lakers coach Mike Brown for bumping ref during Jazz game
PHILADELPHIA — Los Angeles coach Mike Brown has been suspended one game without pay and fined $25,000 for making contact with a game official and failure to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection in Saturday's game.
The NBA announced the suspension Monday. Brown will miss Monday's game in Philadelphia against the 76ers.
The incident occurred with 8:41 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Lakers' 96-87 loss to the Utah Jazz.
Brown received two quick technicals for arguing Pau Gasol was fouled by Utah's Earl Watson.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love has been suspended two games for stomping on Rockets forward Luis Scola's face in their game on Saturday.
The NBA announced the suspension on Monday. The incident occurred when Scola fell to the court during the third quarter. As Love headed back to the other end, he stepped on Scola's face and upper body.
Love said after the game that the stomp was not intentional and he went to the Rockets' locker room to apologize to Scola.
The NBA also upgraded it to a Flagrant-Two foul on Love.
The suspension means the Timberwolves will be without their leading scorer and rebounder for a home game against Sacramento on Tuesday night and a game at Memphis on Wednesday night.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 32
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28