NBA notes: NBA suspends, fines Lakers coach Mike Brown for bumping ref during Jazz game
PHILADELPHIA — Los Angeles coach Mike Brown has been suspended one game without pay and fined $25,000 for making contact with a game official and failure to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection in Saturday's game.
The NBA announced the suspension Monday. Brown will miss Monday's game in Philadelphia against the 76ers.
The incident occurred with 8:41 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Lakers' 96-87 loss to the Utah Jazz.
Brown received two quick technicals for arguing Pau Gasol was fouled by Utah's Earl Watson.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love has been suspended two games for stomping on Rockets forward Luis Scola's face in their game on Saturday.
The NBA announced the suspension on Monday. The incident occurred when Scola fell to the court during the third quarter. As Love headed back to the other end, he stepped on Scola's face and upper body.
Love said after the game that the stomp was not intentional and he went to the Rockets' locker room to apologize to Scola.
The NBA also upgraded it to a Flagrant-Two foul on Love.
The suspension means the Timberwolves will be without their leading scorer and rebounder for a home game against Sacramento on Tuesday night and a game at Memphis on Wednesday night.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20