NBA notes: NBA suspends, fines Lakers coach Mike Brown for bumping ref during Jazz game
PHILADELPHIA — Los Angeles coach Mike Brown has been suspended one game without pay and fined $25,000 for making contact with a game official and failure to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection in Saturday's game.
The NBA announced the suspension Monday. Brown will miss Monday's game in Philadelphia against the 76ers.
The incident occurred with 8:41 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Lakers' 96-87 loss to the Utah Jazz.
Brown received two quick technicals for arguing Pau Gasol was fouled by Utah's Earl Watson.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love has been suspended two games for stomping on Rockets forward Luis Scola's face in their game on Saturday.
The NBA announced the suspension on Monday. The incident occurred when Scola fell to the court during the third quarter. As Love headed back to the other end, he stepped on Scola's face and upper body.
Love said after the game that the stomp was not intentional and he went to the Rockets' locker room to apologize to Scola.
The NBA also upgraded it to a Flagrant-Two foul on Love.
The suspension means the Timberwolves will be without their leading scorer and rebounder for a home game against Sacramento on Tuesday night and a game at Memphis on Wednesday night.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19