BYU basketball: Brandon Davies named WCC Player of the Week
Behind Davies' play, BYU defeated No. 24 Gonzaga and Portland. In those contests, Davies averaged 16.5 points, nine rebounds and 4.5 steals. He also shot 56 percent from the floor.
In the win over the Bulldogs, Davies scored 15 points of 7-of-12 shooting and pulled down five rebounds. Against the Pilots, Davies poured in 18 points, collected 13 rebounds and had a career-high eight steals, which was one away from a school record.
This marks the second time this season that Davies has received player of the week honors. He also earned that recognition on Jan. 2.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 49
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45