BYU basketball: Brandon Davies named WCC Player of the Week
Behind Davies' play, BYU defeated No. 24 Gonzaga and Portland. In those contests, Davies averaged 16.5 points, nine rebounds and 4.5 steals. He also shot 56 percent from the floor.
In the win over the Bulldogs, Davies scored 15 points of 7-of-12 shooting and pulled down five rebounds. Against the Pilots, Davies poured in 18 points, collected 13 rebounds and had a career-high eight steals, which was one away from a school record.
This marks the second time this season that Davies has received player of the week honors. He also earned that recognition on Jan. 2.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26