Damian Dovarganes, Associated Press
Live Twitter feed
On April 17 at 10:15 a.m., the state of Utah will hold the first statewide earthquake drill, the largest of its kind ever to be held in the state.
Its called the Great Utah ShakeOut.
Joe Dougherty explains how to gather and build your personal emergency preparedness supplies and how to prepare your home. Below are links to Dougherty's columns.
April Classroom Connections: The Great Utah Shake Out - What to do when disaster strikes
January Classroom Connections: Shake out - Don't freak out
Jan. 15, 2012: How to keep your water heater vertical in an earthquake
Jan. 22, 2012: Find your home hazards now before the shaking starts
Jan. 29, 2012: Who you gonna text? Aunt Bep
Feb. 6, 2012: Play like you practice works for emergencies too
Feb. 13, 2012: Prepare so an earthquake doesn't leave you powerless
Feb. 20, 2012: Emergency kits don't make themselves.
Feb. 26, 2012: The trick to creating food storage
March 4, 2012: What if you can't evacuate? Prepare to shelter at home
March 11, 2012: When toilets don't work during an earthquake
April 1, 2012: Emergency preparedness: And when you're out on the town ...
April 9, 2012: Preparedness expo to teach earthquake resilience
April 15, 2012: Time to ShakeOut and learn more preparedness
April 22, 2012: After quake practice, it's time to improve
April 29, 2012: Who's going to help you?
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11