Damian Dovarganes, Associated Press
Live Twitter feed
On April 17 at 10:15 a.m., the state of Utah will hold the first statewide earthquake drill, the largest of its kind ever to be held in the state.
Its called the Great Utah ShakeOut.
Joe Dougherty explains how to gather and build your personal emergency preparedness supplies and how to prepare your home. Below are links to Dougherty's columns.
April Classroom Connections: The Great Utah Shake Out - What to do when disaster strikes
January Classroom Connections: Shake out - Don't freak out
Jan. 15, 2012: How to keep your water heater vertical in an earthquake
Jan. 22, 2012: Find your home hazards now before the shaking starts
Jan. 29, 2012: Who you gonna text? Aunt Bep
Feb. 6, 2012: Play like you practice works for emergencies too
Feb. 13, 2012: Prepare so an earthquake doesn't leave you powerless
Feb. 20, 2012: Emergency kits don't make themselves.
Feb. 26, 2012: The trick to creating food storage
March 4, 2012: What if you can't evacuate? Prepare to shelter at home
March 11, 2012: When toilets don't work during an earthquake
April 1, 2012: Emergency preparedness: And when you're out on the town ...
April 9, 2012: Preparedness expo to teach earthquake resilience
April 15, 2012: Time to ShakeOut and learn more preparedness
April 22, 2012: After quake practice, it's time to improve
April 29, 2012: Who's going to help you?
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Are 'calm' South Jordan burglars tied to...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 46
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13