"I'm excited to have everybody back in uniform," Corbin said. "It's hugely important for us, just who we are. We need to make sure we have all our weapons available for us to use."
That was the case against the Lakers, where Watson was especially effective in helping the Jazz get back on the winning track with a 96-87 win. C.J. Miles reiterated the importance of that springboard victory, which helped Utah snap a two-game losing streak overall and vs. L.A.
Utah did, after all, suffer its worst defeat of the season to the Lakers, 96-71 on opening night, and the powerhouse stole an overtime win at ESA in January.
"They dislike us, we dislike them. But we respect them as a good team," Miles said. "For us to get a win against them on our own floor and get the momentum, knowing what this next month is going to be like — it's big."
Now everybody sing along with Willie Nelson …
"Guys are beat up a little bit (and) the schedule's not in your favor," Corbin acknowledged. "As long as we continue to grow, play hard to give us a chance to win and we compete, we'll be OK."
That's the case whether they're at home or on the road again.
Category Home Away
Record 11-4 2-5
FG% .463 .428
PPG 99.0 93.7
Opp. PPG 92.9 105.0
RPG 53.8 49.6
Opp. RPG 47.7 53.1
APG 20.1 21.7
Fouls 21.1 23.9
SPG 8.0 8.1
BPG 6.3 5.9
Source: Utah Jazz
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27