Jazz back at practice after win, prepping for trip to New York
SALT LAKE CITY — Even though the Utah Jazz knocked off the Los Angeles Lakers Saturday night, the players still had to get up Sunday morning for a practice prior to their trip to New York in the early afternoon.
Thats the usual m.o. for the Jazz to get in as many practices as possible in this shortened season.
The Jazz will play the New York Knicks Monday night, then fly to Indiana for a Tuesday night game.
When asked if he considered giving his players the day off after their win Saturday, coach Tyrone Corbin replied, Theyll get the day off on the plane — weve got a long ride ahead of us.
For the players it wasnt a big deal to come to the Zions Bank Center prior to the trip to New York.
No, were used to it, said Al Jefferson. Wed have been surprised if we got the day off.
For a change, all 13 players were healthy for the practice, including Raja Bell, who raced onto the floor with carrying his shoes and socks as Corbin gathered his players at the start of practice. Bell had been out a week because of an abductor strain, but played in Saturdays game against the Lakers, starting and playing 22 minutes. Also back for Saturdays game were guards Devin Harris, who was out a game with a sore hamstring and Earl Watson, who had missed Fridays game with an ankle sprain.
The Jazz were scheduled to arrive in Newark at just around the time the Super Bowl was kicking off Sunday evening.
Corbin said he didnt care who wins, since his beloved Miami Dolphins arent playing.
We should be there in time for halftime, Corbin said, although he wasnt excited about seeing Madonna.
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger to be...
- World doping watchdog shuts down Rio Olympic...
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 164
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 41
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 35
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19