Jazz back at practice after win, prepping for trip to New York
SALT LAKE CITY — Even though the Utah Jazz knocked off the Los Angeles Lakers Saturday night, the players still had to get up Sunday morning for a practice prior to their trip to New York in the early afternoon.
Thats the usual m.o. for the Jazz to get in as many practices as possible in this shortened season.
The Jazz will play the New York Knicks Monday night, then fly to Indiana for a Tuesday night game.
When asked if he considered giving his players the day off after their win Saturday, coach Tyrone Corbin replied, Theyll get the day off on the plane — weve got a long ride ahead of us.
For the players it wasnt a big deal to come to the Zions Bank Center prior to the trip to New York.
No, were used to it, said Al Jefferson. Wed have been surprised if we got the day off.
For a change, all 13 players were healthy for the practice, including Raja Bell, who raced onto the floor with carrying his shoes and socks as Corbin gathered his players at the start of practice. Bell had been out a week because of an abductor strain, but played in Saturdays game against the Lakers, starting and playing 22 minutes. Also back for Saturdays game were guards Devin Harris, who was out a game with a sore hamstring and Earl Watson, who had missed Fridays game with an ankle sprain.
The Jazz were scheduled to arrive in Newark at just around the time the Super Bowl was kicking off Sunday evening.
Corbin said he didnt care who wins, since his beloved Miami Dolphins arent playing.
We should be there in time for halftime, Corbin said, although he wasnt excited about seeing Madonna.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 21