WEST VALLEY CITY — The Ontario Reign rallied from a two-goal deficit to beat the Utah Grizzlies 6-4 on Saturday night in front of 6,190 fans at the Maverik Center.
Utah jumped ahead 1-0 15:42 into the first period when John Armstrong (4) fired the puck off of Ontario goaltender Chris Carrozzi and into the net. The Reign tied the contest 57 seconds later.
The Grizzlies took a 2-1 lead into the first intermission after Kory Falite redirected home a Paul McIlveen centering attempt with 17.1 seconds left in the first period. Utah made it 3-1 just 27 seconds into the second period on a Ryan Turek slap shot.
Tied at 3 entering the third period, Utah took a 4-3 lead on a Mitch Wahl power-play goal 7:34 into the frame. The Reign responded with three straight goals to finish the game.
The game took a bizarre turn during warm-ups as Ontario players began firing pucks into the Utah end. Each team had three players given game misconducts as some minor skirmishes ensued when the teams lined up at center ice. As a result, each team skated with just 13 skaters for the evening.
Utah hosts Bakersfield on Wednesday at 7 p.m. for a "Wild $2 Wednesday" with $2 hot dogs, French fries, soft drinks and draft beers. In addition, students who present ID will receive $5 lower bowl tickets at the arena box office.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 283
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 47
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36