Utah Jazz: Watson, Jazz get just what the doctor ordered — a win over Lakers
Watson fuels Utah's decisive Fourth-quarter surge as Jazz shoot down the Lakers
Brown took some of the blame for the Lakers' loss, which came a night after a tough win in Denver.
L.A.'s new bench boss was ejected during the Jazz's decisive fourth-quarter spurt after Watson stole the ball from Gasol and fed Favors for a big dunk.
Moments later, Watson lobbed a perfect pass for a Miles slam, giving Utah an 11-point lead and making the home crowd explode. Howard added a free throw following another technical on the L.A. bench to put Utah up 80-68.
Everybody played well, but nobody deserves more credit than Watson, who was in agony only three nights earlier when he sprained his left ankle.
"Man, Earl Watson isn't even supposed to be playing right now. That's the crazy thing about it," Millsap said. "You know, he's out there on one leg, having an amazing game for us. He's big for us."
Corbin, who wasn't sure if Watson could even play after he saw how swollen his left ankle was in the morning, kept his fierce 6-foot-1 competitor in for the entire fourth quarter. He was playing that well.
"That's just who he is. He's a true, true professional," Corbin said. "He's a tough guy that wants to be on the floor and help this team win, and we saw that tonight.
"I knew he was in pain," Corbin added. "He has to be in pain from ... but he fought his way through it and I have tremendous respect for him."
Watson laughed when told that Corbin was surprised he was able to go after he saw his puffed-up ankle in the morning.
"I'm not going to give it all to you in the morning," Watson said, explaining why he took it easy at shootaround. "You're either going to get it in the morning or in the game. I knew I was going to play."
Considering the circumstances, the Jazz will take that every night.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Brad Rock: Utes have Duked it out with big...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- No. 5 Runnin' Utes go cold from the... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21