FRESNO, Calif. — Kevin Olekaibe scored 26 points, including 17 in the second half, to lead Fresno State over Utah State, 60-54, Saturday night.
Jerry Brown added 14 points and Tyler Johnson had 12 for the Bulldogs (11-14, 3-6 Western Athletic), who won consecutive conference games for the first time this season while ending a 10-game losing streak to the Aggies.
Morgan Grim and Preston Medlin led Utah State (12-12, 4-5) with 13 points apiece.
Fresno State never trailed during the contest and committed just three turnovers while recording 12 steals. The three turnovers equaled a school record. The Aggies finished with 16 turnovers and no steals.
After trailing by as many as 11 points in the first half, Utah State tied the game at 34 on Danny Berger's 3-pointer with 11:04 remaining.
But Olekaibe answered with a 3-pointer at the other end, giving the Bulldogs a lead they wouldn't relinquish.
The Aggies got to within one point four times in the second half. But with 3:47 left, Johnson found an open Brown for a corner 3-pointer, barely beating the shot clock and increasing Fresno State's lead to 50-46.
Utah State got to within 52-50 on a pair of Medlin free throws with 39 seconds left. But once the Aggies started fouling, Johnson and Olekaibe combined to make six straight free throws down the stretch.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 87
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 20