HURRICANE — BYU junior Zac Blair won his third straight southern Utah amateur title Saturday by firing a 7-under par, two-day 36-hole score of 137 to win the Sand Hollow Amateur.
Blair finished one-shot ahead of Utah Valley University golfer Mason Casper, who chipped in for birdie and eagle on 16 and 17 and missed a 10-foot birdie on the 18th hole which would have tied Blair and forced sudden death.
Previously this winter, Blair, the UGA's two-time player of the year, won the Coral Canyon Amateur and St. George Amateur.
St. George native Chris Jensen finished third, two strokes behind Blair.
BYU's Justin Keiley carded the low round of the tournament on Saturday a 7-under 66 to finish three strokes back at 140.
Salt Lake City's David Cannon (72-72 144) won the Senior Division by one shot over Alan Simkins.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35