HURRICANE — BYU junior Zac Blair won his third straight southern Utah amateur title Saturday by firing a 7-under par, two-day 36-hole score of 137 to win the Sand Hollow Amateur.
Blair finished one-shot ahead of Utah Valley University golfer Mason Casper, who chipped in for birdie and eagle on 16 and 17 and missed a 10-foot birdie on the 18th hole which would have tied Blair and forced sudden death.
Previously this winter, Blair, the UGA's two-time player of the year, won the Coral Canyon Amateur and St. George Amateur.
St. George native Chris Jensen finished third, two strokes behind Blair.
BYU's Justin Keiley carded the low round of the tournament on Saturday a 7-under 66 to finish three strokes back at 140.
Salt Lake City's David Cannon (72-72 144) won the Senior Division by one shot over Alan Simkins.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22