Andy Manis, Associated Press
MADISON, Wis. — Jared Sullinger scored 24 points and William Buford hit a critical 3-pointer down the stretch, helping No. 3 Ohio State beat No. 19 Wisconsin 58-52 on Saturday.
Deshaun Thomas scored 16 points and Buford added 11 for the Buckeyes (20-3, 8-2 Big Ten), who held onto their lead in the conference standings. Sullinger also had 10 rebounds.
Ryan Evans scored 14 points for the Badgers (18-6, 7-4), who were 5 for 27 from 3-point range.
With the victory, Ohio State ended a nine-game losing streak to Wisconsin in Madison — and avoided a repeat of last year's comeback by the Badgers.
The Badgers had no answer for Sullinger early on. He scored the Buckeyes' first nine points, consistently getting the best of the player assigned to defend him, Jared Berggren. Sullinger finished the first half with 16 points.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25