Kirsty Wigglesworth, Associated Press
LONDON — Arsenal bounced back with style from its miserable run in the Premier League on Saturday, hammering beleaguered Blackburn 7-1 with Robin van Persie grabbing a hat trick to keep up his stunning form this season.
Substitute Thierry Henry also found the net at Emirates Stadium for his first league goal since returning to the club on loan as Arsene Wenger's team climbed provisionally into fifth place.
Sunderland's impressive run under new manager Martin O'Neill continued with a 1-0 win at Stoke, while there were also victories for Wolverhampton, Norwich and Swansea.
Manchester City hosts Fulham later Saturday looking for a victory to pull three points clear at the top from Manchester United, which visits Chelsea on Sunday.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 141
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 18
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16