Kirsty Wigglesworth, Associated Press
LONDON — Arsenal bounced back with style from its miserable run in the Premier League on Saturday, hammering beleaguered Blackburn 7-1 with Robin van Persie grabbing a hat trick to keep up his stunning form this season.
Substitute Thierry Henry also found the net at Emirates Stadium for his first league goal since returning to the club on loan as Arsene Wenger's team climbed provisionally into fifth place.
Sunderland's impressive run under new manager Martin O'Neill continued with a 1-0 win at Stoke, while there were also victories for Wolverhampton, Norwich and Swansea.
Manchester City hosts Fulham later Saturday looking for a victory to pull three points clear at the top from Manchester United, which visits Chelsea on Sunday.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 38
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24