WEST VALLEY CITY —The Ontario Reign (25-14-2-2) defeated the Utah Grizzlies (19-20-0-5) 3-2 in a shootout Friday night at Maverik Center as Utah stretched their unbeaten streak to three-straight games at 2-0-0-1.
"I thought both teams came out and competed, there was no feeling out period, both teams played hockey and played hard," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley.
After getting eight shots in the first three minutes, Utah outshot Ontario 14-8 in a scoreless first period.
The Reign scored two goals in the first half of the second period to take a 2-0 lead. Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley immediately called a timeout and the Grizzlies got the ship righted 61 seconds later with a Logan MacMillan (5) power-play goal assisted by Ryan Turek and Jeff LoVecchio as the Grizzlies held the puck in for the first 36 seconds of a power-play.
Utah tied the game 3:29 into the third period as Colin Vock fed Mitch Wahl (10) cross-ice for a goal in transition into an open net. Turek picked up his second assist of the night on the play. Ontario won the shootout 2-1, scoring two-straight after Mitch Wahl gave Utah a 1-0 lead.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20
- Morning links: When will the Utes... 17