WEST VALLEY CITY —The Ontario Reign (25-14-2-2) defeated the Utah Grizzlies (19-20-0-5) 3-2 in a shootout Friday night at Maverik Center as Utah stretched their unbeaten streak to three-straight games at 2-0-0-1.
"I thought both teams came out and competed, there was no feeling out period, both teams played hockey and played hard," said Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley.
After getting eight shots in the first three minutes, Utah outshot Ontario 14-8 in a scoreless first period.
The Reign scored two goals in the first half of the second period to take a 2-0 lead. Grizzlies Head Coach Kevin Colley immediately called a timeout and the Grizzlies got the ship righted 61 seconds later with a Logan MacMillan (5) power-play goal assisted by Ryan Turek and Jeff LoVecchio as the Grizzlies held the puck in for the first 36 seconds of a power-play.
Utah tied the game 3:29 into the third period as Colin Vock fed Mitch Wahl (10) cross-ice for a goal in transition into an open net. Turek picked up his second assist of the night on the play. Ontario won the shootout 2-1, scoring two-straight after Mitch Wahl gave Utah a 1-0 lead.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 6