SALT LAKE CITY — Another Miller-Malone controversy has surfaced.
Karl Malone recently claimed on 1280 The Zone that he had to buy tickets from a scalper to attend the Jazz game following Jerry Sloan's resignation. According to the Hall of Famer, he called his old organization a year ago but was told no seats were available because the Utah-Phoenix contest was sold out.
"I never want to feel like I have to beg for tickets," Malone said.
The Mailman's ticket conundrum got national attention this week.
On Friday night, it also received a response from Jazz CEO Greg Miller, whose late father, longtime team owner Larry H. Miller, used to occasionally feud with Malone over contract issues.
"Hey Karl- you're lying," Miller wrote on his personal Twitter account @GregInUtah. "You have my number. Next time you need a seat to a Jazz game, call me. You can have mine."
It's unknown whether or not Malone has a Twitter account or if he received Miller's message.
Malone was also critical of how the Jazz front office handled the Sloan situation. He claimed Jazz brass chose Deron Williams over Sloan, even though D-Will was then traded less than two weeks after the Hall of Fame coach's surprising resignation.
Williams also took a verbal jab at Malone on Friday when asked to comment about the Mailman's assertion that he got Sloan fired.
D-Will told the Associated Press, "I don't respond to people who talk about themselves in the third person."
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26