SALT LAKE CITY — Another Miller-Malone controversy has surfaced.
Karl Malone recently claimed on 1280 The Zone that he had to buy tickets from a scalper to attend the Jazz game following Jerry Sloan's resignation. According to the Hall of Famer, he called his old organization a year ago but was told no seats were available because the Utah-Phoenix contest was sold out.
"I never want to feel like I have to beg for tickets," Malone said.
The Mailman's ticket conundrum got national attention this week.
On Friday night, it also received a response from Jazz CEO Greg Miller, whose late father, longtime team owner Larry H. Miller, used to occasionally feud with Malone over contract issues.
"Hey Karl- you're lying," Miller wrote on his personal Twitter account @GregInUtah. "You have my number. Next time you need a seat to a Jazz game, call me. You can have mine."
It's unknown whether or not Malone has a Twitter account or if he received Miller's message.
Malone was also critical of how the Jazz front office handled the Sloan situation. He claimed Jazz brass chose Deron Williams over Sloan, even though D-Will was then traded less than two weeks after the Hall of Fame coach's surprising resignation.
Williams also took a verbal jab at Malone on Friday when asked to comment about the Mailman's assertion that he got Sloan fired.
D-Will told the Associated Press, "I don't respond to people who talk about themselves in the third person."
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 99
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 90
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 55
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 34
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28