SALT LAKE CITY — Another Miller-Malone controversy has surfaced.
Karl Malone recently claimed on 1280 The Zone that he had to buy tickets from a scalper to attend the Jazz game following Jerry Sloan's resignation. According to the Hall of Famer, he called his old organization a year ago but was told no seats were available because the Utah-Phoenix contest was sold out.
"I never want to feel like I have to beg for tickets," Malone said.
The Mailman's ticket conundrum got national attention this week.
On Friday night, it also received a response from Jazz CEO Greg Miller, whose late father, longtime team owner Larry H. Miller, used to occasionally feud with Malone over contract issues.
"Hey Karl- you're lying," Miller wrote on his personal Twitter account @GregInUtah. "You have my number. Next time you need a seat to a Jazz game, call me. You can have mine."
It's unknown whether or not Malone has a Twitter account or if he received Miller's message.
Malone was also critical of how the Jazz front office handled the Sloan situation. He claimed Jazz brass chose Deron Williams over Sloan, even though D-Will was then traded less than two weeks after the Hall of Fame coach's surprising resignation.
Williams also took a verbal jab at Malone on Friday when asked to comment about the Mailman's assertion that he got Sloan fired.
D-Will told the Associated Press, "I don't respond to people who talk about themselves in the third person."
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 71
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 34