Utah Jazz: No breaks for banged-up Jazz as they face Lakers in Salt Lake
"We've got capable guys in here. I feel good about where we are," he said. "We just have to continue to work. We can't afford to make mistakes and not execute our offense and let them create tempo that way."
The last part was a reference to Thursday's blowout loss in which the Jazz strayed from their offense, getting into a frantic style of play that favored the Warriors.
But the concept remains the same against the Lakers in terms of Utah needing to execute an inside-out game that revolves around bigs Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap while also taking advantage of transition opportunities when available.
"It's an important game. It's on our home floor," Corbin said. "Regardless who's in uniform, we've got to be ready to play. They're one of the best teams in the league and they play well on the road, so we expect them to come in and it's going to be a tough fight."
Assuming, that is, the Lakers make it out of snowy Denver, where they played Friday.
Tinsley will embrace the playing time again if his services are required.
"A lot of people don't get another opportunity. I always want to be ready," said Tinsley, who didn't play in the NBA in 2010-11 and was in the D-League as recently as December.
"There are certain things I can control, just stay ready for my number to be called," he added, saying he wasn't bothered by playing 34 minutes after seeing a total of 45 minutes combined in Utah's first 20 games. "I'm always ready for that challenge. Players like to play."
Especially when amazing opportunities — whatever they may be — present themselves.
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA Finals...
- The End: Cleveland rocks as title drought...
- Warriors cap greatest Finals collapse with...
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA... 28
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22