ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos have hired Mike Sullivan as their new director of football administration. He has a quarter century of experience in negotiating contracts for players.
Sullivan replaces Mike Bleum, whose contract wasn't renewed.
Sullivan will direct the club's negotiating on all player contracts, manage the team's salary cap and make sure the team is in compliance with the league's collective bargaining agreement.
Before his hiring, which was announced Friday by Broncos boss John Elway, Sullivan was regarded as one of the top contract negotiators in the business. He's ushered in some of the more creative salary terms in the industry, including the guaranteed salary/option bonus structure on bigger deals.
He spent the last 11 years as managing director of the football division for Octagon Worldwide, a representation and marketing firm.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 58
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45