EDINBURG, Texas — Alfonzo Hubbard scored nine points in a 14-0 second-half run to help Utah Valley rally for a 77-69 victory over Texas-Pan American on Thursday night.
Utah Valley (14-10, 4-0 Great West) hit 11 of 12 free throws down the stretch to put the game away. Holton Hunsaker was 14-for-15, scoring all of his points from the line.
Isaiah Williams led the Wolverines with 21 points. Hubbard finished with 13 points.
NORTH DAKOTA STATE 85, SOUTHERN UTAH 64: At Fargo, N.D., Jackson Stevenett led Southern Utah with 16 points and six rebounds but Southern Utah dug itself an early hole and couldn't recover.
SUU (12-11, 7-6) missed an opportunity to move past the Bison and into third place in the conference, instead falling to fifth place.
SUU finished the game with just 14 turnovers to NDSU's 16, but the five in the early going were pivotal.
"You can't start like that and expect to beat good teams — or any team — on the road," SUU coach Roger Reid said.
WESTMINSTER 81, NO. 19 MONTANA WESTERN 80 (OT): At Salt Lake City, it took an extra five minutes, but the Griffins pulled off the upset.
Westminster (16-8, 4-4 Frontier) needed the win to get back in the Frontier Conference race. The Griffins entered the night three games behind Western on MSU-Northern as the second half of league play began. UMW drops to 18-6 and 6-2.
The entire game was played within an 18-point window with both teams holding leads of nine points during the game. There were 10 ties and 14 lead changes during the contest that was tied at the half and at the end
Jake Orchard led Westminster with 14 points and also finished with a career-high five assists. Ben Walker scored 11 points with five blocked shots. Jordan Hamilton provided the Griffins with a nice spark off the bench
scoring four points while collecting six rebounds and three blocks.
The Griffins will look to snap a three-game losing streak against Montana Tech when they welcome the Orediggers to Salt Lake City on Saturday. The action will tipoff at 7:30 p.m. from the Behnken Field
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 80
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 65
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22