Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
There has been much talk about deregulating liquor, making it available in the grocery stores and more accessible to whomever wishes to buy it. The harder it is to obtain, the better off everyone will be.
One big problem is underage drinking. Alcohol, in itself is bad, but it is the gateway to illegal drugs and a future of robbery, prison, bad health, death, deterioration of family and many other evils. It creates a great burden on society as a whole, as well as the harm inflicted on the individual involved.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Obama's speech at mosque and...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22