Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
There has been much talk about deregulating liquor, making it available in the grocery stores and more accessible to whomever wishes to buy it. The harder it is to obtain, the better off everyone will be.
One big problem is underage drinking. Alcohol, in itself is bad, but it is the gateway to illegal drugs and a future of robbery, prison, bad health, death, deterioration of family and many other evils. It creates a great burden on society as a whole, as well as the harm inflicted on the individual involved.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Use market forces and not...
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32