Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
There has been much talk about deregulating liquor, making it available in the grocery stores and more accessible to whomever wishes to buy it. The harder it is to obtain, the better off everyone will be.
One big problem is underage drinking. Alcohol, in itself is bad, but it is the gateway to illegal drugs and a future of robbery, prison, bad health, death, deterioration of family and many other evils. It creates a great burden on society as a whole, as well as the harm inflicted on the individual involved.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28