Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
There has been much talk about deregulating liquor, making it available in the grocery stores and more accessible to whomever wishes to buy it. The harder it is to obtain, the better off everyone will be.
One big problem is underage drinking. Alcohol, in itself is bad, but it is the gateway to illegal drugs and a future of robbery, prison, bad health, death, deterioration of family and many other evils. It creates a great burden on society as a whole, as well as the harm inflicted on the individual involved.
- Lois M. Collins: 'She asked for it' subverts...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Lois M. Collins: 'She asked for it'... 38
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 28
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Who was the most narcissistic president? 26
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic... 25