Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
There has been much talk about deregulating liquor, making it available in the grocery stores and more accessible to whomever wishes to buy it. The harder it is to obtain, the better off everyone will be.
One big problem is underage drinking. Alcohol, in itself is bad, but it is the gateway to illegal drugs and a future of robbery, prison, bad health, death, deterioration of family and many other evils. It creates a great burden on society as a whole, as well as the harm inflicted on the individual involved.
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 67
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17