ATLANTA — Braves right-hander Tommy Hanson says his right shoulder is feeling good and he expects to be on a regular routine for the start of spring training.
Hanson enjoyed a strong first half of the 2011 season. He made only five starts after the All-Star break due to persistent pain in the shoulder. A small tear was found in his right rotator cuff that did not require surgery.
He resumed throwing last month. He said before working out at Turner Field Thursday his shoulder "feels really good."
Hanson won at least 10 games in each of his three seasons. He had 10 wins at the All-Star break last year but won only one more game.
Braves pitchers and catchers report to spring training on Feb. 19.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25