LOGAN — The Utah State basketball teams embarks on its only road trip in February with a two-game set starting with WAC-leading Nevada on Thursday night. The Wolf Pack (18-3, 7-0) beat the Aggies (12-10, 4-3) 78-71 in Logan earlier this season.
In the previous matchup, the Aggies were outdone by Nevada point guard Deonte Burton, who scored 25, and the Wolf Pack's superior rebounding. The Aggies will need to improve on both fronts if they want to snap Nevada's 15-game winning streak.
"As I have watched that game multiple times we were really bad defensively in our game prep," Aggies coach Stew Morrill said. "We prepared a lot of things and then got in the game and didn't handle them after prepping them.
"We've got to do a better job in that area if we're going to have a chance to compete."
To improve on the glass, the Aggies will need the help of high-flying forward Kyisean Reed, who was limited to just 11 minutes in the previous matchup due to foul trouble.
Utah State currently sits in a three-way tie with Idaho and Hawaii for third place in the WAC at 4-3 and trail Nevada (7-0) and New Mexico State (5-2) in a quest for another conference championship.
Aggies on the air
Utah State (12-10, 4-3)
vs. Nevada (18-3, 7-0)
Thursday, 8 p.m. (MT)
TV: None Radio: 610 AM, 97.5 FM
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 43
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 39
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6