LOGAN — The Utah State basketball teams embarks on its only road trip in February with a two-game set starting with WAC-leading Nevada on Thursday night. The Wolf Pack (18-3, 7-0) beat the Aggies (12-10, 4-3) 78-71 in Logan earlier this season.
In the previous matchup, the Aggies were outdone by Nevada point guard Deonte Burton, who scored 25, and the Wolf Pack's superior rebounding. The Aggies will need to improve on both fronts if they want to snap Nevada's 15-game winning streak.
"As I have watched that game multiple times we were really bad defensively in our game prep," Aggies coach Stew Morrill said. "We prepared a lot of things and then got in the game and didn't handle them after prepping them.
"We've got to do a better job in that area if we're going to have a chance to compete."
To improve on the glass, the Aggies will need the help of high-flying forward Kyisean Reed, who was limited to just 11 minutes in the previous matchup due to foul trouble.
Utah State currently sits in a three-way tie with Idaho and Hawaii for third place in the WAC at 4-3 and trail Nevada (7-0) and New Mexico State (5-2) in a quest for another conference championship.
Aggies on the air
Utah State (12-10, 4-3)
vs. Nevada (18-3, 7-0)
Thursday, 8 p.m. (MT)
TV: None Radio: 610 AM, 97.5 FM
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- No home games for 7 weeks? RSL explains why a...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Aggie linebackers stick together in third...
- Guest commentary: BYU football and basketball...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- 2016 NFL draft: Utah State's Kyler Fackrell...
- Dick Harmon: Why NCAA's wise decision on...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 19
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 18
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12