LOGAN — The Utah State basketball teams embarks on its only road trip in February with a two-game set starting with WAC-leading Nevada on Thursday night. The Wolf Pack (18-3, 7-0) beat the Aggies (12-10, 4-3) 78-71 in Logan earlier this season.
In the previous matchup, the Aggies were outdone by Nevada point guard Deonte Burton, who scored 25, and the Wolf Pack's superior rebounding. The Aggies will need to improve on both fronts if they want to snap Nevada's 15-game winning streak.
"As I have watched that game multiple times we were really bad defensively in our game prep," Aggies coach Stew Morrill said. "We prepared a lot of things and then got in the game and didn't handle them after prepping them.
"We've got to do a better job in that area if we're going to have a chance to compete."
To improve on the glass, the Aggies will need the help of high-flying forward Kyisean Reed, who was limited to just 11 minutes in the previous matchup due to foul trouble.
Utah State currently sits in a three-way tie with Idaho and Hawaii for third place in the WAC at 4-3 and trail Nevada (7-0) and New Mexico State (5-2) in a quest for another conference championship.
Aggies on the air
Utah State (12-10, 4-3)
vs. Nevada (18-3, 7-0)
Thursday, 8 p.m. (MT)
TV: None Radio: 610 AM, 97.5 FM
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20