LOGAN — The Utah State basketball teams embarks on its only road trip in February with a two-game set starting with WAC-leading Nevada on Thursday night. The Wolf Pack (18-3, 7-0) beat the Aggies (12-10, 4-3) 78-71 in Logan earlier this season.
In the previous matchup, the Aggies were outdone by Nevada point guard Deonte Burton, who scored 25, and the Wolf Pack's superior rebounding. The Aggies will need to improve on both fronts if they want to snap Nevada's 15-game winning streak.
"As I have watched that game multiple times we were really bad defensively in our game prep," Aggies coach Stew Morrill said. "We prepared a lot of things and then got in the game and didn't handle them after prepping them.
"We've got to do a better job in that area if we're going to have a chance to compete."
To improve on the glass, the Aggies will need the help of high-flying forward Kyisean Reed, who was limited to just 11 minutes in the previous matchup due to foul trouble.
Utah State currently sits in a three-way tie with Idaho and Hawaii for third place in the WAC at 4-3 and trail Nevada (7-0) and New Mexico State (5-2) in a quest for another conference championship.
Aggies on the air
Utah State (12-10, 4-3)
vs. Nevada (18-3, 7-0)
Thursday, 8 p.m. (MT)
TV: None Radio: 610 AM, 97.5 FM
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28