"Quite frankly, he's a heck of a wide receiver, too," Richt said. "We may need to use his talents inside the 20-yard line. He has such great leaping ability and strong hands."
Only if he sends in his paperwork, of course. A message left by The Associated Press at the home of his grandfather, Woodrow Clemons, the player's legal guardian, was not immediately returned.
The Bulldogs signed two running backs from North Carolina, landing Todd Gurley along with Marshall. Both will push Isaiah Crowell, last year's top signee, for playing time.
Crowell had a solid season on the field but ran into disciplinary issues, including a failed drug test that resulted in a one-game suspension. Richt said there should be enough carries for everyone.
"There aren't many running backs anymore thinking, 'I've got to be the only guy,'" Richt said. "To carry 25 or 30 times in our league, it's just not healthy for you, it's just not good for you. You want guys to share the load, to keep you healthy, to keep you fresh. I think they are all special backs. I'm excited about it."
Georgia's recruiting class broke down like this: a quarterback, two running backs, a fullback, a receiver, a tight end, three offensive linemen, two defensive linemen, four linebackers, a punter, a kicker, and one player listed as athlete.
Richt and his staff hoped to end up with one more signee. All they could do was wait.
"It happens," Garner said. "It's the nature of the business now. You just have to adapt and adjust with this culture."
Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU looking to make a big splash at Maui...
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 144
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 38
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 37
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21