"Quite frankly, he's a heck of a wide receiver, too," Richt said. "We may need to use his talents inside the 20-yard line. He has such great leaping ability and strong hands."
Only if he sends in his paperwork, of course. A message left by The Associated Press at the home of his grandfather, Woodrow Clemons, the player's legal guardian, was not immediately returned.
The Bulldogs signed two running backs from North Carolina, landing Todd Gurley along with Marshall. Both will push Isaiah Crowell, last year's top signee, for playing time.
Crowell had a solid season on the field but ran into disciplinary issues, including a failed drug test that resulted in a one-game suspension. Richt said there should be enough carries for everyone.
"There aren't many running backs anymore thinking, 'I've got to be the only guy,'" Richt said. "To carry 25 or 30 times in our league, it's just not healthy for you, it's just not good for you. You want guys to share the load, to keep you healthy, to keep you fresh. I think they are all special backs. I'm excited about it."
Georgia's recruiting class broke down like this: a quarterback, two running backs, a fullback, a receiver, a tight end, three offensive linemen, two defensive linemen, four linebackers, a punter, a kicker, and one player listed as athlete.
Richt and his staff hoped to end up with one more signee. All they could do was wait.
"It happens," Garner said. "It's the nature of the business now. You just have to adapt and adjust with this culture."
Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 50
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 39
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 30
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 22
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 8
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Utah Jazz continue process of finding... 7