OWINGS MILLS, Md. — Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti emphatically backs the play of quarterback Joe Flacco and guarantees running back Ray Rice will be on the roster next season.
Rice is an unrestricted free agent and Flacco's contract expires after the 2012 season. But Bisciotti promised both would be "part of this team" in 2012.
Bisciotti, general manager Ozzie Newsome, club president Dick Cass and coach John Harbaugh met with the media on Wednesday to discuss the 2011 season and look ahead toward 2012.
The foursome would have preferred to be preparing for the Super Bowl, but a 23-20 defeat at New England in the AFC title game ruined those plans.
Bisciotti says, "I don't think any of us are over it."
But he says the window of opportunity for Baltimore remains open.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 35
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34