She likes the idea of updating exhibits and the Heartbreak Hotel at the Graceland tourist attraction, which is across the street from the home. She also would like to see revitalization of the poverty-stricken neighborhoods near Elvis Presley Boulevard.
"It makes me sad to see that, it does, because I remember when it wasn't there," she said. "I don't like to see that anywhere I am, to be honest."
Memphis officials have for years talked about improving some of the areas around Graceland, but nothing has been done. Graceland is one of Tennessee's most visited tourist attractions and lures thousands of fans each year for a candlelight vigil to remember Elvis' death.
Officials anticipate a crowd next August that could match or exceed the 75,000 people who showed up at Graceland in 2007 for the 30th anniversary.
As for the exhibit, "Elvis Through His Daughter's Eyes," Presley said one of her favorite items is the golf cart key because it helps her recall the times when she was alone with her father, riding around the neighborhood.
"That was my life," she said. "I carried it everywhere. It was never far from me or not on my person when I was a child. I hadn't seen it in 35 years."
It seems clear that Presley is enjoying being back at Graceland. She smiles when she remembers waiting for her father to come down the stairs in the afternoon, in full regalia.
"He was always fully, fully geared up. You'd never see him in his pajamas coming down the steps, ever," she said. "You'd never seen him anything but 'ready to be seen' attire."
- Murder trial for 'Shield' actor begins in Los...
- Sanders: Democratic convention could be 'messy'
- Victims in Planned Parenthood attack say it...
- Facebook drops news outlet input in 'trending...
- Many Vietnam vets say they support lifting of...
- Breyer says Supreme Court not diminished with...
- Head of TSA security operations removed from...
- Obama reaches out to people a day after...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 82
- Anti-Trump protests turn violent... 47
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Clinton faulted on emails by State... 40
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Delegates in hand, Trump says he's got... 33
- Obama: World leaders rightfully... 29
- In Hiroshima, Obama honors 'silent cry'... 24