Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — Trail Blazers forward Nicolas Batum has a left knee bone contusion that will keep him out of Wednesday night's game against the Charlotte Bobcats.
The results of an MRI on Tuesday show no breaks or tears in Batum's knee, which he injured late in the Blazers' 93-89 loss to the Utah Jazz on Monday night. Batum had to be helped off the court and the injury appeared to be serious.
The 6-foot-8 forward from France welcomed the results of the MRI.
"When I came home and saw the video, it was like, 'I'm done for the season.'" Batum told reporters at the Blazers' practice facility. "I couldn't sleep last night."
Blazers coach Nate McMillan was also relieved.
"Looking at it on tape last night it looked like that knee really buckled," the coach said.
Batum is averaging 11.4 points and 4.1 rebounds off the bench this season with the Blazers.
He was initially concerned that his status for the Olympics in London this summer may be in jeopardy. Fellow French national team member Tony Parker texted him after seeing the injury.
France has already earned a berth in the London Games.
Batum will be reevaluated after the Charlotte game and is considered day-to-day. He said he'll travel with the Blazers to Sacramento for a game Thursday night, but is unsure if he'll play.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34