Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — Trail Blazers forward Nicolas Batum has a left knee bone contusion that will keep him out of Wednesday night's game against the Charlotte Bobcats.
The results of an MRI on Tuesday show no breaks or tears in Batum's knee, which he injured late in the Blazers' 93-89 loss to the Utah Jazz on Monday night. Batum had to be helped off the court and the injury appeared to be serious.
The 6-foot-8 forward from France welcomed the results of the MRI.
"When I came home and saw the video, it was like, 'I'm done for the season.'" Batum told reporters at the Blazers' practice facility. "I couldn't sleep last night."
Blazers coach Nate McMillan was also relieved.
"Looking at it on tape last night it looked like that knee really buckled," the coach said.
Batum is averaging 11.4 points and 4.1 rebounds off the bench this season with the Blazers.
He was initially concerned that his status for the Olympics in London this summer may be in jeopardy. Fellow French national team member Tony Parker texted him after seeing the injury.
France has already earned a berth in the London Games.
Batum will be reevaluated after the Charlotte game and is considered day-to-day. He said he'll travel with the Blazers to Sacramento for a game Thursday night, but is unsure if he'll play.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 60
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14