Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah Legislature sometimes considers bills that are clearly not in the interest of its constituents. Such is the case with SB136 and HB87, which would legalize the unregulated presence of electronic billboards anywhere in the state.
These billboards would only add to the visual trash already spoiling the views along our major streets and highways. They would be ignored by careful and intelligent drivers and viewed mostly by people driving distractedly while talking mindlessly on their cell phones.
These foolish bills deserve to be killed quickly in the Senate and House committees.
Robert C. Steensma
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Yes, Virginia, there is a...
- In our opinion: Joy to the World — the...
- Beverly Willett: National marriage rates in...
- Letter: Sharing culpability
- Jay Evensen: Fixing Salt Lake's Pioneer Park...
- This year's most popular editorials
- Prisons bring much positive change
- Letter: High-density housing