It riles me to see the media and other sources chastise Mitt Romney for paying 15 percent of his income on his tax return. The real culprits are the current tax laws that we have in this country.
Some say there are over 7,300 pages of the current tax laws. If you have the ability to make money in the private sector, why be criticized? Over 65 percent of the members of Congress are millionaires. Do we question each of these illustrious leaders in our government? Our form of government encourages entrepreneurs. Let's put the blame where it belongs: on our tax laws.
Salt Lake City
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29