It riles me to see the media and other sources chastise Mitt Romney for paying 15 percent of his income on his tax return. The real culprits are the current tax laws that we have in this country.
Some say there are over 7,300 pages of the current tax laws. If you have the ability to make money in the private sector, why be criticized? Over 65 percent of the members of Congress are millionaires. Do we question each of these illustrious leaders in our government? Our form of government encourages entrepreneurs. Let's put the blame where it belongs: on our tax laws.
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- President should not act without... 28