It riles me to see the media and other sources chastise Mitt Romney for paying 15 percent of his income on his tax return. The real culprits are the current tax laws that we have in this country.
Some say there are over 7,300 pages of the current tax laws. If you have the ability to make money in the private sector, why be criticized? Over 65 percent of the members of Congress are millionaires. Do we question each of these illustrious leaders in our government? Our form of government encourages entrepreneurs. Let's put the blame where it belongs: on our tax laws.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 43
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21