It riles me to see the media and other sources chastise Mitt Romney for paying 15 percent of his income on his tax return. The real culprits are the current tax laws that we have in this country.
Some say there are over 7,300 pages of the current tax laws. If you have the ability to make money in the private sector, why be criticized? Over 65 percent of the members of Congress are millionaires. Do we question each of these illustrious leaders in our government? Our form of government encourages entrepreneurs. Let's put the blame where it belongs: on our tax laws.
Salt Lake City
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy
- Letter: Metal detectors
- George F. Will: The Great War: the hinge of...
- My View: High-risk pools: the life jacket...
- Richard Davis: Brexit wasn’t really...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 32
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 23
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 21
- Letter: Supporting teachers 21