LOGAN — Utah State men's basketball will once again face a familiar foe during ESPNU's BracketBuster weekend, as it will host former Big West Conference rival UC Santa Barbara on Saturday, Feb. 18 at 7 p.m. (MT), in a non-televised game. Overall, it will be the second time in the last four years that USU and UCSB have played one another during this event.
"As hard as it is for us to get home-and-home series, BracketBuster has provided us with a home-and-home situation," said veteran USU head coach Stew Morrill. "We've been a little spoiled, quite honestly, having the marquee games and televised games over the years, and we get to see how the other side lives now by just playing a normal game that isn't part of the televised package."
Utah State, who is 5-1 all-time in BracketBusters, will be playing its first non-televised game in the event in this its seventh year of participation.
Weber State, meanwhile, will host the University of Texas-Arlington. The Wildcats and Mavericks will tipoff at 6 p.m. on Feb. 18 from the Dee Events Center and the game will be televised on ESPN3.
The Wildcats currently sit at 16-4 overall and 8-1 in Big Sky play.
The Mavericks are currently 15-5 on the season and 7-0 in the Southland Conference and have won 11 straight games. Their last loss came on Dec. 20 when they lost 73-69 at Utah State.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15