'That's my only birthday present I wanted is you,' little girl says when she gets a surprise visit from her father
WEST VALLEY CITY — A little girl from West Valley City got a very special birthday gift Monday morning. Her father, who had previously been deployed in Afghanistan, showed up during reading time in her kindergarten classroom at Whittier Elementary.
Five-year-old Baylee was going over a poster board with pictures of things she loved, like chocolate, chocolate sundaes and hot chocolate. She also had a picture of her father, Sgt. Adam Page.
While she was talking about dad, he walked into the classroom, but she didn’t see him at first. When she did, she could not hold back the tears of joy. She ran to him and gave him a big hug.
“That’s my only birthday present I wanted is you,” she said while wiping tears from her face.
She kept asking “How did you ever make it, Dad? How did you ever make it?"
Page has just been redeployed to Utah. He has served in the Army for seven years, and this will be the first time he has lived with his family since Baylee was born.
“I really missed you,” she told him, and then hugged him again.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 50
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 36
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 13