'That's my only birthday present I wanted is you,' little girl says when she gets a surprise visit from her father
WEST VALLEY CITY — A little girl from West Valley City got a very special birthday gift Monday morning. Her father, who had previously been deployed in Afghanistan, showed up during reading time in her kindergarten classroom at Whittier Elementary.
Five-year-old Baylee was going over a poster board with pictures of things she loved, like chocolate, chocolate sundaes and hot chocolate. She also had a picture of her father, Sgt. Adam Page.
While she was talking about dad, he walked into the classroom, but she didn’t see him at first. When she did, she could not hold back the tears of joy. She ran to him and gave him a big hug.
“That’s my only birthday present I wanted is you,” she said while wiping tears from her face.
She kept asking “How did you ever make it, Dad? How did you ever make it?"
Page has just been redeployed to Utah. He has served in the Army for seven years, and this will be the first time he has lived with his family since Baylee was born.
“I really missed you,” she told him, and then hugged him again.
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- Sister missionaries relocated from Provo MTC...
- 'You can see the jaw marks': Pleasant Grove...
- Ask a Chef: 3 funeral potato recipes that...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- Roosevelt officer justified in shooting death...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 94
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 51
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 41
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 35
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 27
- Inmate dies after his dialysis tech... 26
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13