Matt Rourke, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — The rapid-fire GOP presidential primary is about to ease into a slower pace and a more spread-out map. The shift will pose new challenges for Newt Gingrich.
February's only televised debate is three weeks away. Some primaries or caucuses will be in states with significant Mormon presences. Also voting in February is Michigan. Mitt Romney's father was governor there.
Campaigning in several states is costly.
All these factors would seem to play to Romney's advantage.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 68
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6