Matt Rourke, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — The rapid-fire GOP presidential primary is about to ease into a slower pace and a more spread-out map. The shift will pose new challenges for Newt Gingrich.
February's only televised debate is three weeks away. Some primaries or caucuses will be in states with significant Mormon presences. Also voting in February is Michigan. Mitt Romney's father was governor there.
Campaigning in several states is costly.
All these factors would seem to play to Romney's advantage.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Suicide vest found in Paris raises possible...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 41
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 13
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12