Brad Rock: ROCK ON: Malone's ticket problem; waiting on tooth fairy
The University of Utah announced its new president on Jan. 20, choosing longtime employee David W. "Dave" Pershing.
Considering the other finalist's name was Kumble Subbaswamy, it was a good choice.
It took Rock On until just last week to figure out how to pronounce Krystkowiak.
OK, so Earl Watson is 32 years old. But that doesn't mean he should be labeled long in the tooth.
Actually, Watson was missing a tooth recently after colliding with Minnesota's Ricky Rubio. Watson said, "My daughter kept telling me to put my tooth under my pillow" so the Tooth Fairy could work its magic.
While he's at it, maybe he should ask the Tooth Fairy to grant the Jazz another trip to the NBA finals.
After hearing BYU fans cheering for Sacramento's Jimmer Fredette at ESA on Friday, Watson said, "It was like college. I thought I had on a Utah Utes jersey. It was like Utes vs. BYU. I was back in college. I want a per diem check."
Last time Rock On checked, college per diem was $26 and NBA's was $106. So explain it one more time: Exactly where did Watson go to school?
A bill in the Florida senate is proposing that all stadiums constructed with public money be used as homeless shelters when they're not booked for events.
Ah, so that's who's been sitting in the box seats at the Marlins games.
Last season when Karl Malone showed up for the Jazz-Phoenix game, he had a little problem: He couldn't get any tickets.
In an interview on the Gordon Monson Show (1280-AM), last week, the Mailman said he called the Jazz but apparently nothing was available.
"I never want to feel like I have to beg for tickets," he said.
Malone ended up buying tickets from a scalper outside EnergySolutions Arena.
No truth to the rumor they're using his statue as a doorstop.
THE NUTTY TRUTH
Asked if the Jazz would ever be able to sign a superstar free agent, Malone said, "I don't see it. I don't see a superstar coming here. But even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while."
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30