One such person is Samantha, an active, temple-married mother of two who has lived with same sex attraction since her early teens. In her podcast interview, she talks about what it was like coming of age while feeling same sex attraction, and how family and ward members can help lift the burden of someone who is wrestling with these issues.
"The church is not hostile toward people with same gender attraction," Densley said. "It simply teaches that sexual relations should only be shared between a man and woman who are married to each other. This law of chastity applies to homosexual and heterosexual people alike. Single members of the church are expected to abstain from sex regardless of their sexual orientation. And married people are expected to remain faithful to their spouses, even if they feel strong temptations toward people to whom they are not married.
"The mere fact that we are tempted," Densley adds, "does not mean that we have no choice but to submit."
Additional installments of the FAIR Examination series on homosexuality among Latter-day Saints will focus on the others who have been able to reconcile their faith with their sexual orientation, as well as the varying perspective of parents with children who are involved in homosexual relationships, wives whose spouses struggle with same sex attraction and therapists who work with clients who deal with SSA feelings.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14