NEW ORLEANS — Jeff Teague tied a career high with 24 points despite playing on a sore left ankle and the Atlanta Hawks beat the New Orleans Hornets 94-72 on Sunday night.
Willie Green added 16 points and Marvin Williams 14 for Atlanta, which won for the fourth time in five games and handed the struggling Hornets their most lopsided loss of the season.
The Hawks broke the game open with a 23-4 run during the last half of the third quarter, while New Orleans was in the midst of missing 12 straight shots.
Emeka Okafor scored 13 points for New Orleans, which was as close as 53-48 on Jarrett Jack's free throws with 5:44 to go in the third before Atlanta took over.
Jack finished with 10 points in the Hornets' 16th loss in 18 games.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22