NEW ORLEANS — Jeff Teague tied a career high with 24 points despite playing on a sore left ankle and the Atlanta Hawks beat the New Orleans Hornets 94-72 on Sunday night.
Willie Green added 16 points and Marvin Williams 14 for Atlanta, which won for the fourth time in five games and handed the struggling Hornets their most lopsided loss of the season.
The Hawks broke the game open with a 23-4 run during the last half of the third quarter, while New Orleans was in the midst of missing 12 straight shots.
Emeka Okafor scored 13 points for New Orleans, which was as close as 53-48 on Jarrett Jack's free throws with 5:44 to go in the third before Atlanta took over.
Jack finished with 10 points in the Hornets' 16th loss in 18 games.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34