NEW ORLEANS — Jeff Teague tied a career high with 24 points despite playing on a sore left ankle and the Atlanta Hawks beat the New Orleans Hornets 94-72 on Sunday night.
Willie Green added 16 points and Marvin Williams 14 for Atlanta, which won for the fourth time in five games and handed the struggling Hornets their most lopsided loss of the season.
The Hawks broke the game open with a 23-4 run during the last half of the third quarter, while New Orleans was in the midst of missing 12 straight shots.
Emeka Okafor scored 13 points for New Orleans, which was as close as 53-48 on Jarrett Jack's free throws with 5:44 to go in the third before Atlanta took over.
Jack finished with 10 points in the Hornets' 16th loss in 18 games.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Rookie Rodney Hood wins award, Jazz lose...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 24
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16