Utah Utes football: Utes pick up another recruit, DE Pasoni Tasini from Hawaii
» Follow the Deseret News sports team, for breaking news and live coverage through signing Day on Feb. 1.
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah football picked up a recruiting commitment from Pasoni Tasini, a 6-foot-3, 240-pound defensive end from Baldwin High School in Hawaii.
Tasini, who has also lettered in basketball, track and volleyball, was named Maui News Athlete of the Year in 2010-11.
"The kid has unlimited potential," Badlwin defensive line coach Kawika Kahui told the newspaper. "If you look at just his physique, he is really big, really quick, really agile."
Kahui noted that Tasini has only played football for a couple of years.
"He is obviously good at it, but watch him play volleyball, basketball and all that," Kahui said. "Then, you will see what kind of athlete this kid is."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @DirkFacer
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24