Utah Utes football: Utes pick up another recruit, DE Pasoni Tasini from Hawaii
» Follow the Deseret News sports team, for breaking news and live coverage through signing Day on Feb. 1.
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah football picked up a recruiting commitment from Pasoni Tasini, a 6-foot-3, 240-pound defensive end from Baldwin High School in Hawaii.
Tasini, who has also lettered in basketball, track and volleyball, was named Maui News Athlete of the Year in 2010-11.
"The kid has unlimited potential," Badlwin defensive line coach Kawika Kahui told the newspaper. "If you look at just his physique, he is really big, really quick, really agile."
Kahui noted that Tasini has only played football for a couple of years.
"He is obviously good at it, but watch him play volleyball, basketball and all that," Kahui said. "Then, you will see what kind of athlete this kid is."
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @DirkFacer
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34